Data Protection Information Sheet for Mediterranean Security Event
October 29-31, 2019 Crete, Greece
Information on the processing of personal data
On these pages you will find information about the processing of your personal data due to the Mediterranean Security Event 2019 (MSE2019) which takes place on October 29-31st, 2019 in Crete Greece.
Purposes of the processing: The purposes of the processing of your personal data are: i) the management and organization of the event (including management of participation lists and nametags), ii) dissemination and communication (including taking of photographs, video and audio recordings of the presentations, photo and/or video capturing of individuals or gourps, information sharing and publication on MSE2019 website and social media) iii) contact for future events of interest.
Personal data processed are:
- Identifiers and contact information such as name, surname, organization, position, email address, mobile telephone number, signature (via the filling of registration forms, participation lists and nametags.
- Image and voice (via photographs, pictures, video and audio recordings).
1) Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
2) You give consent to the processing of your personal data for the reason of processing photographs/video and audio recordings as well as contacting you in future events of interest by clicking the respective boxes in MSE2019 platform or by checking the respective boxes in the printed in-situ version of the Consent Form.
1) Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the central email account to which you can refer to exercise your rights or in the case you have any quarries related to the data protection policy.
2) Data Controller: The Center for Security Studies “KEMEA”, an established Research Centre within the Hellenic Ministry of Citizen Protection with offices at 4, P. Kanellopoulou str., 10177, Athens Greece, is the Data Controller of your personal data’s processing for the purposes explicitly identified below.
Recipients: Your information may be available to the participating consortia, participating stakeholders, service providers (where necessary), event co-organizers.
Dissemination of data: Photos, video recordings, audio recordings may be published in various channels where MSE 2019 event disseminates information about its activities such as the mse2019.kemea-research.gr website and social media. Please, be aware that for this purpose photos/videos/audios on e.g. websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the EU and that some countries may not provide the same level of data protection as EU legislation provides.
Personal Data Retention: Your personal data will be retained by KEMEA for no more than 12 months following the event unless you provide your consent for the purpose of contacting you in the future exclusively in the context of inviting you to future events of interest.
Your Rights: You have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (http://www.dpa.gr)
- Lodge a Withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email at email@example.com. Please note that the withdrawal does not affect the processing of your data which is base on the consent you have given before the withdrawal.